04 September 2013

Fire & Rain

Have you ever had a dear friend pass away?

I haven't. That is, until yesterday. Sure, I've known others who have passed away before, but we weren't necessarily close. I wasn't even, honestly, super close to this lady. She just helped save mine and my daughter's lives, is all. She also photographed mine and my husband's wedding just this past June.

Have you ever sympathized or empathized with someone that you physically hurt from the sadness?

My heart aches for her husband.

She died of complications following a stroke from which it seemed she was healing. I want each and every one of awesome you to be aware that strokes often happen without notice, and can steal your life away in an instant. Sure, LA is in a better place, and is without pain now. But you are here. You are living. You are awesome and you have so much to live for.

Think of the ones you love. Think of how much they love you. Be grateful, awesome you.

Be on the lookout for a new product coming to the shop in honor of my friends and family that have suffered from strokes and heart disease. 10% of all the proceeds from this item will be donated to the American Heart & Stroke Association.

Happy stitching, my loves. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what awesome you thinks!