06 September 2013

Awareness Bracelet

Blue Cloud Crochet is proud to present to you a new pattern! This one is for purchase, instead of for free. Why? Because, as I mentioned in the previous post, a dear friend of mine has passed away. She suffered from a stroke. Other relatives have passed on in the same manner. My grandmother also has suffered from a stroke, and congestive heart failure. So has another dear teacher that taught both myself and my husband. The list of folks I care for who have suffered from heart complications goes on.

Even I have a heart murmur. (Yeah, it's kind of like Laman and Lemuel. Bad Mormon humor. I'm not sorry.) The murmur is minor, but my doctor still keeps a close eye on it because of my family history of heart disease.

The thing is, though, heart disease and stroke are definitely not just problems that affect my family. They run rampant everywhere. Be aware of your body. Go to the doctor for regular check-ups.

The pattern I've created is an awareness bracelet, in memory of my dear friend that recently passed (her name was L.A.). It's also in honor of my Nana, our relatives, our family, as well as our friends who have struggled with heart disease and stroke.

With every purchase of either a bracelet or the pattern for it, 10% will be donated to the American Heart & Stroke Association.

Here are some photos of the finished product:





You can purchase the pattern here, or the item itself here. Again 10% of all proceeds will be donated to the American Heart & Stroke Association. Thank you for your support!

Happy Stitching! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what awesome you thinks!